|On Fridays throughout the world this past year, students walked out of classrooms and went into the streets to compel action in addressing the climate crisis. |
What started as a one-person protest by Greta Thunberg has grown to a movement of millions in over 160 countries and at least 2000 locations. Youth are now calling upon adults to join them for a week of action in September.
This month’s Creation Justice Webinar* will prepare us for action by featuring Jamie Margolin, the 17-year-old who has been at the forefront of the youth climate movement in the United States. She led the call for last year’s youth climate march, and she is a co-founder of the youth organization Zero Hour.
The webinar will be held on August 15th at 1 pm (EDT), but a recording will be sent out to all who register. Register now!
*This webinar is hosted by the United Church of Christ, Alabama Interfaith Power & Light, and the People’s Justice Council.
- #FaithtoFord Campaign marks a victory for Clean Car Standards
- The Youth Climate Movement Webinar
- AZIPL Advocates for Renewable Energy
- Arizona Interfaith Power & Light is joining with Solar United Neighbors to help those who are considering “going solar.”
- Paris to Pittsburgh Screening
- Paris Pledge
- It’s Time to Act for our Earth
- Food System Impacts on the Environment
- You Think You Can Change the Climate?